STEEL VS. SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE
Steel rope is extremely durable, abrasion resistant, and is good for utility applications where the line may contact objects like stumps, rocks, and other things that rub against the rope. Steel rope is heavier and less flexible than synthetic line and is less expensive than synthetic rope.
Synthetic rope is strong, lightweight, easy to handle, and it’ll even float on water making it great for vehicle recovery. Synthetic rope is more prone to damage by abrasion, and requires the use of the included abrasion sleeve when the rope comes into contact with an object. However, Synthetic is more expensive than steel but it’s a great choice for those who are looking to keep weight down and push the limits with their vehicle.
THIS ALL-NEW LINEUP TAKES PERFORMANCE AND VALUE TO LEVELS NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN A POWERSPORTS WINCH
Whether you’re on the job or on the trail, WARN VRX winches work as hard as you do thanks to all-metal construction, a new clutch based on the legendary WARN 4WD hublock design, an ultra-durable all-metal gear train, and full waterproof sealing to take on the elements. VRX is available in 2,500, 3,500, and 4,500 lb. capacities and is perfect for a variety of vehicles and any job—big or small.
- + Extreme IP68-rated waterproof sealing keeps the elements out
- + Durable all-metal construction
- + Robust new clutch design based on 70+ years of WARN 4WD hub lock know-how
- + Black powder-coated finish for corrosion resistance
- + Load-holding brake for great control
- + Smooth and reliable all-metal three-stage planetary gear train
- + Limited lifetime warranty (mechanical), 3 year warranty (electrical